Ah, ‘Sent from my iPhone’.
When the iPhone first came out in 2007 and, for a couple of years after, the ‘Sent from my iPhone’ signature on the bottom of your emails was cool. It let people knew you were at the forefront of tech, that you were emailing on the go – probably grabbing lunch from Pret at the same time, and, that you had a swanky iPhone.
Those days are now over.
Everyone has an iPhone. Everyone is emailing on the go. It’s standard. So, ‘Sent from my iPhone’ just doesn’t cut it anymore.
Well, thankfully here’s how to add your HTML or Rich Text email signature to the bottom of your iPhone emails…
1. Go find an email on your iPhone with your signature at the bottom, or go email yourself from a device that has your email signature.
3. Go to Settings > Contacts, Mails & Calendars > Signatures.
4. Choose if you’d like this signature for all your email accounts (if you have more than one) or just one in particular and select that.
5. Click that blank area with ‘Sent from my iPhone’ in, delete, and paste your new signature.
Your signature is there! Hooray! But wait a minute! It’s all messed up! What’s with all the blue text and ugly fonts?
The iPhone applies styling by default.
All you have to do is…
6. Shake your iPhone and tap ‘Undo’.
And, voila! Signature on your iPhone.
Repeat for other iOS devices you own.
Until the next time…